How can someone reach the B1 level in 3 months without investing 10hrs per day studying a language?
First of all, is that at all possible? Yes, it’s possible! How do we know? We have guided more than 140 adults to reach their goals and this is only the beginning!
To address the original question:
The traditional method, that we are all familiar with, does not take advantage of all the new tools that can help us learn more efficiently, in a fun way and in a short amount of time.
Traditionally, all the students:
- Learn the same vocabulary, as if everybody uses and needs the same words and expressions.
- Follow the slowest student of the class, and
- Invest too much of their time on subjects like grammar and let’s be honest we don’t have a good theoretical base, even in our mother tongue.
Unless you are a teacher, there is no serious reason to know all the grammar theory.
To ride a bike you don’t need to know all the laws of physics that make the wheels turn when you are pedalling. With the same mentality, you don’t need to learn all the theory regarding grammar before you actually need it. So as you practice the language, you will come across something that will require some grammatical theory and then you will receive it.
This is how we learn grammar with the F.A.S.T. method 😉
When learning is connected to ways that are pleasant and serve a specific purpose, for example to build vocabulary that you will need in your everyday life, then your brain performs better because it has a “better time”.
In the venn diagram above, we can see the constituents of what make the F.A.S.T. method efficient and pleasant.
- Fundamentals based: We count on the fundamental principles that make an adult want to learn a language in the first place. For example, moving to a new country. In that way we demise the need for theory that is not going to be useful in the near future.
- Adult-Specific: The method is constructed to amuse adults and to make good use of their former experiences and earned capabilities.
- Stimulating: All this leads to having an active part in the learning process, especially since you are learning things that you are going to use for your work and everyday life. Your mind works better when what you learn is important to you. Especially when you are having fun at the same time.
- Tailor Made: The method is adjusted to your needs with personalised goals and educational material. If for example you are a priest, then we will help you learn the testament in the language you wish to learn.
All of the above lead our students to reach the B1 level in 3 months, investing 3-6 hours of weekly study, time spent preparing for their 1.5hrs lesson.
In the following infographic you can see in action how the F.A.S.T. method is different from the traditional. Already from the first lesson and every two weeks, up until the end of the 12th week that leads to the B1 level.
If you find that the F.A.S.T. method interests you and wish to learn more about how to succeed in language learning, feel free to book a call with me, Sofia Karfi by clicking here, or on the image below.